Thursday 30 December 2010

December Update 1st-30th

I finished the month in profit, but was not as good as it might have been. Mainly due to taking a few more risks towards the end of the month (instead of laying the bets off) to boost my bank size in order to make things easier. Looking back, this was a mistake and was not how I won consistently from February to September this year. It was a good year overall on Betfair, it just didn't end as well it might have done. Hopefully 2011 is a good year.

December 1st-30th 2010:


Australian wallet:


Total Profit & Loss: +£736.53

Happy new year all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Been following your blog for a while and have been very impressed.
    how do you select your bets and do you have any advice.
    Any systems you recommend?
    Cheers
    Darran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll reply to this tomorrow mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darran, sorry for the delay in replying. For me, having a big starting bank helps a lot, especially if you do have some kind of 'system' because you can bet with confidence, as opposed to playing with a small bank, losing and having to make another deposit. Basically, it's just knowing what markets to bet on and when to get out. I have no real system. I have my favourite betting markets, such as 'frame betting' in snooker and the 'correct score' market in football. I try and avoid overs betting in football, unless it's Barcelona or Real Madrid. NFL and NBA are both good to trade on. I've also noticed that when I have lost in the past, I've always have the opportunity to lay the bet off at a lower price, but never due to greed. That’s how I know this works.

    Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, Happy New Year. Thanks for the reply. Its always interesting in knowing peoples mindset. I have been looking at your results and alot of the wins have come from match odds in the football. What is you strategy there. YOu bet on a team, lay a team or bet on the draw. Obviously trading out if favourable. Have you ever thought about publishing what you intend doing that day. Me for one would be very interested.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete