Friday 17 August 2018

Update To My Recent Betting Activity

I thought I'd provide an update to what I'm doing these days with regards to betting, because I know there are a few people still interested. I've not used Betfair for a good few months now. I self-excluded myself for 6 months sometime in June. This is because I found that I was using it to gamble on the Exchange, instead of using the Exchange how I used for years, and it kind of defeated the purpose of things. I also felt a break was needed, and would probably do me good.

Over the last few years, I've found that I've been placing bets in High street betting shops using their betting terminals. Mainly betting on £2 7/8-fold accumulators with the aim of winning in the region of £800. Not that I ever have btw, but you never know. One day, one of them will win. Basically, it's betting using the 'old fashioned' way I did as a 16/17 year old with the football at weekends. No expectations and frustration when the last one let's you down.

That's how much things have gone downhill, but like I mentioned, I needed the break from using Betfair like I did. I know that when I was profiting on Betfair between 2008 and 2012 I never once visited a High street bookmaker, but I've found doing the odd 'Both Teams To Score' accumulator for example, isn't a bad thing. It's quite fun actually.

I also do £5 at £1 per line once a month in the bookmakers on their Bingo - usually Ladbrokes. Although it's 'total' gambling you 'can' win big if you're lucky. I asked someone in Coral at Bury St Edmunds last week, if anyone has ever won big and they mentioned that a few months ago someone won 15k, so it can happen. It's just like doing the lottery really.

So that's it basically. Ive not had any big losses over the last few years, mainly because I've not bet big enough like I did previously or been in a position to. It's been more about using 'old fashioned' betting than anything else. Sometimes I will do a £10 5-fold with the hope of winning big, but have no expectations. I do plan to use Betfair again in future, but probably not for the rest of this year.

1 comment:

  1. I don't recognise this person. Not surprised after what has gone on 'behind closed doors'. A major crime.

    ReplyDelete