Sunday 13 February 2011

A Bad Few Weeks

It's been a really dodgy couple of weeks where I have made some really terrible errors. Instead of trading out of bets (how I won last year) I have been trying to gamble my way to a more workable bank size and because of this it has back-fired.

Things have not been good since around September in truth, where it has been down-hill compared to the previous months. Mainly because I strayed from how I was successful initially and took gambles I never needed to make, which I now regret. I am still confident of making money on Betfair, but without any funds, this is obviously an impossible task. Below are 2 screen shots from last summer, which seems a very long time ago now.



The Welsh Open Snooker starts today and Frame betting is one of the markets I always do well on, so it's going to be painful viewing knowing I could get out of trouble within this week. Ouch. This was from the Masters Tournament a few weeks back.

5 comments:

  1. Hi John - been reading your blog for a while now, (always loved North Devon - got married in Berrynarbor last year!) and sorry to hear about your bad run. Seems like you lost your discipline somewhere along the way. Very hard not to sometimes, but take a breath, and while it may be hard to get used to betting small for a while, that's what you need to do to build your bank up. I turned £21.40 into six figures so I know it can be done. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    There will always be markets that you will be able to profit from. Just take it one step at a time and before you know it you will be back up to your previous bank levels.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'm sure it will pick up, it always does. Only it's pretty difficult when you have no funds. It's just been one of those weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John you need to take a break mate, you cannot keep putting up a post that asks for money and then and the quickly pulling it down again, from what it seems you are hoping for a quick reply.

    You say you will have money next week so take a break until then. Come back with your head clear and start the long journey again.

    you have to remember that it is a long journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get too disheartened, I doubt there are many succesful punters/traders that haven't blown their bank at some time or other.

    As long as you learn from your mistakes you'll be a lot better prepared once you've built your bank again.

    ReplyDelete